25 Inspirational Quotes from Strong Women
Quotes are powerful and memorable words of wisdom that inspire, motivate, and make you feel something special. They can even help you get things done.
Here are a few inspirational quotes to live by from strong women who have broken the glass ceiling and surpassed all expectations.
Table of Contents
|6||The Women Behind The Quotes|
“Wake up every morning and self-affirm. Look in the mirror and say ‘I m ready, I can do this. I am beautiful and I am powerful.” – Zozibini Tunzi
“Respect yourself and other people will find it easier to respect you.” – Dr Judy Dlamini
“Be kind to yourself. We all need to be kinder to ourselves.” – Mihlali Ndamase
“To do anything meaningful, you need to be happy and motivated.” – Wendy Appelbaum
“You can achieve happiness and a rich life by taking your time, working hard, seeking good advice and giving thanks for the progress you make every day.” – Prof Mamokgethi Phakeng
“Stop giving fear the upper hand. It will hold you back.” – Mihlali Ndamase
“If you ever have an opportunity to start at the bottom, don’t look down on it.” – Prof Mamokgethi Phakeng
“Criticism is designed to keep you out of leadership. I was told that I was too young and too female.” – Lindiwe Mazibuko
“Failure makes me want to do more. I am always proving to myself that I can do more.” – Dr Judy Dlamini
“Be brave enough to make mistakes in front of the whole world. Be brave enough to pick yourself up and carry on.” – Bonang Matheba
Bonang’s new film/ documentary
In 2019, Bonang Matheba released Public Figure, a film/ documentary that she co-produced. The film/ documentary (Public Figure) investigates the lives of influencers (including Bonang) from around the world, as well as the psychological and addictive effects of Social Media in today’s society. You can buy Bonang’s film here.
“There are no great saviours waiting somewhere to save us. We must save ourselves.” – Lindiwe Mazibuko
“If you don’t like your job, change it. If you don’t like your life, change it.” – Wendy Appelbaum
“Don’t waste time on things that are not beneficial. You can never get time back.” – Bonang Matheba
“Set goals that motivate and excite you. You will feel energized to achieve your goals.” – Phiona Martin
“Having a dream helps you work towards something. It keeps you inspired to achieve.” – Dr Judy Dlamini
“You can do it. You just have to wake up in the morning.” – Bonang Matheba
“You can make a difference wherever you are, with whatever you have.” – Dr Judy Dlamini
“It’s not about being ready. It’s about having the confidence to do the things that you want to do.” – Mihlali Ndamase
“My confidence and authenticity make me unstoppable.” – Zozibini Tunzi
“Be strong about what you believe in and who you are.” – Prof Mamokgethi Phakeng
“If you want to succeed, grow or make drastic changes in your life, you have to get out of the comfort zone.” – Mihlali Ndamase
“To succeed in the real world, you have to be willing to start at the bottom. Starting at the bottom makes you hungry and determined. Starting at the bottom builds character. It is the best way to learn.” – Prof Mamokgethi Phakeng
“You must outgrow your current position before you can be considered for your next position.” – Phiona Martin
“Leadership success starts with personal success and personal success is being happy in your own skin.” – Dr Judy Dlamini
“Passion is absolutely essential to anything you do.” – Wendy Appelbaum
The women behind the quotes
If you would like to know more about the strong women behind the quotes, keep reading to explore some of their achievements.
1. Zozibini Tunzi
Zozibini Tunzi is a model and beauty queen, who was crowned Miss South Africa 2019. She made history when she was crowned Miss Universe 2019, becoming the first black woman from South Africa to be crowned Miss Universe and the third woman from South Africa to win the title.
- Date of birth: 18 September 1993
- Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/zozitunzi
- Facebook Page: https://twitter.com/zozitunzi
- Quote source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE2wC1MdRV0
2. Mihlali Ndamase
Mihlali Ndamase is an award-winning content creator, a make-up artist and Co-Founder of Siyasizana Foundation.
- Date of Birth: 29 November 1996
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWhkEFN9UXdV2zFFZvP7O0A
- Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/mihlalii_n
- Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/mihlalii_n
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/MihlaliiNdamase
- Quote source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwZDYIGTWwA&t=909s
3. Dr Judy Dlamini
Dr Judy Dlamini is a medical doctor, businesswoman, author, founding chairperson of Mbekani Group and so much more. She made history in December 2018 when she became the first female Chancellor of the University of the Witwatersrand. She is also the Founder of the Sifiso Learning Group, which she started with her husband, Sizwe Errol Nxasana. In addition to a medical degree, she also completed an MBA and a doctorate.
- Date of Birth: 6 July 1959
- Book: Equal but Different: Women Leaders’ Life Stories: Overcoming Race, Gender & Social Class
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/judy-dlamini-71b11912
- Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/judydlamini
- Quote source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNy5RxOyp_M
Related Post: 20 Motivational Quotes From Dr Judy Dlamini
4. Wendy Appelbaum
Wendy Appelbaum is a billionaire and a successful business woman in South Africa. She is the chairperson of the De Morgenzon Estate and the Wendy Appelbaum Foundation, through which she drives programs addressing, the health and education interests and concerns of South African women.
- Date of Birth: 19 September 1961
- Website: https://demorgenzon.com/the-appelbaums
- Net worth: R4.73 billion (as at March 2019)
- Quote source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaT9V1yPo8c
5. Lindiwe Mazibuko
Lindiwe Mazibuko is an award-winning leader, academic, former politician, and the founding executive director of the Apolitical Academy. She came into the spotlight when she became the Parliamentary Leader for the Democratic Alliance at the age of 31. Her qualifications include a Master’s in Public Administration from Harvard University and Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Political Communication as well as certificates from Yale University, and the University of Oxford.
- Date of Birth: 9 April 1980
- Book: Owning the Future: Lindiwe Mazibuko and the Changing Face of the DA
- Website: http://www.mazibuko.org
- Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/LindiMazibuko
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/LindiMazibuko
- Quote source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69y63oRyD7Y
5. Prof Mamokgethi Phakeng
Professor Mamokgethi Phakeng is an internationally acclaimed researcher and a full professor of Mathematics Education. In July 2018, she became the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Cape Town (UCT) in July 2018. She has received a long list of award for her research, including the Order of the Baobab (silver), a South African civilian national honour, awarded annually by the President of South Africa. She is also a multi-award winning businessperson and the founder of the Adopt-a-learner Foundation, a non-profit organisation that provides financial and educational support to students from township and rural areas to acquire higher education qualifications.
- Date of Birth: 1 November 1966
- Website: http://mamokgethi.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mamokgethi-phakeng-33a1139
- Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/fabacademic
- Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/FabAcademic
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/kgethi.phakeng
- Quote source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH9DtPfF5Cs
7. Phiona Martin
Phiona Martin is an Organisational Psychologist specialising in career and professional development. Her qualifications include a Masters in Industrial and Organisational Psychology and Bachelor of Arts Honours in Industrial and Organisational Psychology. She often shares professional advice on career development via magazine articles, as well as guest appearances on radio, television and conference panels.
- Website: http://www.phionamartin.com
- LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/in/phiona-martin
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/phiona_martin
- Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/MsPhiona
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PhionaCareerCoach
- YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/phionamartinonline
- Quote source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcVVRYwtr_A
8. Bonang Matheba
Bonang Matheba is a multi-award-winning television and radio presenter, master of ceremonies businesswoman, model and so much more. She has been on over 50 magazine covers and received over 25 awards. Bonang has over 8 million followers on her social media platforms, some of which are mentioned below.
- Date of Birth: 25 June 1987
- Website: https://bonangmatheba.com
- Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/bonang_m
- Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/bonang_m
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/bonangmatheba
- Quote source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ7JxqTN8KI
Sometimes, it takes quotes from strong women to remind you that you are a strong woman who is capable of achieving greatness.