30 Authentic Quotes From Amanda Dambuza
“The problem with over-planning and overthinking is that you end up coming up with all the reasons why you shouldn’t act. Don’t overthink, just go for it.” – Amanda Dambuza
Amanda Dambuza doesn’t have a degree in information technology (IT) or project management. But, that didn’t stop her from building an incredible career as an IT and project management professional at Nedbank, Absa, Standard Bank and First National Bank. It also didn’t stop her from becoming a chief information officer at the Barclays Africa Group at the age of 35.
Her Big Break: Amanda Dambuza earned her first leadership role in 2010 at the age of 32.
At the time of her promotion to the leadership role, she had about 10 years’ experience in project and programme management from working at 4 different companies.
Amanda is resilient and has a positive mental attitude, qualities which have made her an unstoppable business leader. She sees the opportunities in problems, not the problems. Her positive outlook also helped her to overcome the abandonment, rejection and abuse that she went through in her childhood. There’s a lot to learn from her. If you’re going through difficulties, read the following Amanda Dambuza quotes, they might pick you up .
Table of Contents
|1||Quotes on Pain, Dreams & Opportunities|
|2||Quotes on Difficult Times|
|3||Quotes on People & Relationships|
|4||Quotes on Purpose|
|5||About Amanda Dambuza|
Amanda Dambuza Quotes on Pain, Dreams and Opportunities
- “I wasn’t born a boy so my parents rejected me.”
- I had an alcoholic uncle who was incredibly abusive. He would beat me up every day.”
- “The pain I went through as a child gave me a deep sense of appreciation for my purpose.”
- “Don’t be afraid to go for every opportunity.”
- “Don’t be afraid to dream big. What you dream is what you end up achieving.”
- “Believe that you can, and you will.”
- “There’s nothing you cannot do.”
- “Take advantage of every opportunity that will make a difference in your life.”
- “Build your plane as you’re flying it.”
- “You can do it. Never give up. Never lose hope.”
- “Always listen out for opportunities in everything you do.”
- “Don’t overthink it. Don’t over-plan it. Just go for it.” – Amanda Dambuza
Amanda Dambuza Quotes on Difficult Times
- “In difficult seasons, hang on to the idea that ‘someday, your season will change’.”
- “It’s incredible to watch seasons change.”
- “You can rise above your circumstances.”
- “You can build a life of impact. It doesn’t matter where you’ve come from.
- “There’s always hope. Dig deep and keep going.”
- “It doesn’t matter where you come from, you can rise above your odds.”
- “Everything needs time, and everything takes time.” – Amanda Dambuza
Amanda Dambuza Quotes on People and Relationships
- “Treat people with respect regardless of who they are or where they’ve come from.”
- “One of the biggest mistakes people make in the workplace is aligning themselves to one person.”
- “Be a relationship builder. Build relationships at all levels and understand their value.”
- “You don’t have to be friends with people in high places to have doors open for you.”
- “If you want someone to help you with something, ask them.”
- “It is incredibly depressing to see young graduates sitting at home with their degrees.”
- “The person that is in power today might not be in power tomorrow.” – Amanda Dambuza
Amanda Dambuza Quotes on Purpose
- “When you start to follow your purpose, you don’t feel like you’re giving up anything.”
- “When you grow, grow into your purpose.”
- “Finding your purpose is a process.” – Amanda Dambuza
About Amanda Dambuza
After leaving her CIO position at Barclays, Amanda Dambuza became a successful business woman in South Africa. She is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Uyandiswa, a project management consultancy with a turnover of over R100 million. Her company sets up project management offices and executes projects for some of South Africa’s largest organisations, including those listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.