The way you and your spouse allocate chores impacts your relationship. Unequal allocations are linked to depression, dissatisfaction and divorce.
The above fact is one of many shocking facts shared by Sheryl Sandberg, in her book – “Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead”. Sheryl Sandberg, Chief Operating Officer at Facebook, is one of the most powerful women in the world. She uses her power, influence and achievements to advocate for women’s equality in the boardroom. Through her inspirational book, “Lean In”, Sheryl Sandberg shares her experiences as a female leader and shocking facts about women, work, leadership and relationships.
Here are 10 Shocking Quotes From “Lean In” By Sheryl Sandberg
- “The risk of divorce reduces by half when a wife earns half the income and a husband does half the housework.”
- “Couples who share domestic responsibilities have more sex.”
- “When husbands do more housework, wives are less depressed, marital conflicts decrease, and satisfaction rises.”
- “When jobs are described as powerful, challenging, and involving high levels of responsibility, they appeal to more men than women”
- “Career progression often depends upon taking risks and advocating for yourself – traits that girls are discouraged from exhibiting.”
- “The workplace did not evolve to give women the flexibility needed to fulfil our responsibilities at home.”
- “The gender stereotypes introduced in childhood are reinforced throughout our lives and become self-fulfilling prophecies.”
- “Most leadership positions are held by men, so women don’t expect to achieve them, and that becomes one of the reasons they don’t achieve them.”
- “One reason women avoid stretch assignments and new challenges is that they worry too much about whether they have the skills they need for a new role.”
- “When a girl tries to lead, she is labeled bossy.”